Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Trade

It's been a while since I wrote anything poem-like. I'm sure this sucks... but it feels good to write it.


The Trade


Until then I was immortal

But you called me from the sky

It was worth it just to touch you

It was worth the fall to die


And when you caught me close beside you

I thought your breath could hold my wings

but the air that fills your human lungs

alters all to which it clings


However all my words are solid

all my life and love will stay

beneath your sky of sweet entrapment

in your lazy clutch of grace


I do not wake to see the morning

I do not sleep to walk my dreams

I merely move to keep on moving

( I know you can't see through these things).


Fall asleep with your ear towards me

and then I have so much to say

If you'd just close your eyes in darkness

I'll leave my star to guide your way


I give the last of of my faith to you

if vested eyes are clear enough

so the hellish path I wander down

could be the same to lead you up


May the wounds you gave me heal you

May the ghosts within you flee

May your heart be filled with trust and love

for a greater soul than me


I'm not sure if it's within myself

to someday find release

but may you find your resurrection

to you all passion, strength and peace.

No comments: