Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Math Class Poetry.

A couple of poems I wrote in Math Modeling class when it was boring as all hell last week… one inspired by people sucking, one inspired by a particular individual who is goddamn awesome. =)

I’m Renaming You Tomorrow

A borrowed contradiction
To say you’re true to me
As we evolve or slough and preen
Forgetting what we’ve been

A necessary evil
The current in my mind
But when this season rolls again
The landscape won’t be mine


Re-entering the Garden.


Your face comes back in times of excess
Or in great want
Responsibilities behind in any case.
I take you home to the place you’ve never believed in
but will now see in me,
Just a wish it could be different
A small trial... that was all I needed.
and then the sun pulls up behind us as we go.

I turn you round, you open wide
As the air revives each beauty
Green, untamed and timid
But calm only for you.
The wilder passions graze free here
There’s no need to confide them
There’s nothing to misunderstand or want power over
Nothing hidden behind or in front
Certainly nothing to fear.

You sit down gently and I leave you to your thoughts
As softly as I entered them,.
Back seamless to a world that has yet to yoke me, but tries
As I move among it formless and fluid
Our center is here and safe
If only in the moment I believe

You can’t speak to me
Unless you’re words are already unbound
You can’t see me
Unless I’m what you want to see
You can’t hold me
Unless this is the place you held from the beginning
“Oh yeah” you breathe
“I’ve been here before”

Then you beckon
And we move on, slowly feeling our way
Always just enough
Always more than enough
To be is enough until that end
Where the sun rolls back

“Oh yeah” I breathe.
“You were never here,
And I have no idea who you really are.”

No comments: