Holding Back

Holding Back
Holding Back.

Holding Back. - updated July 13 2008

Half sleeping
a languid hold on happiness
I trace infinity on your back.

Half fearing
but can fear coexist
with fits and starts of many throes
all averaged out to hope.

And there's no reason
No passionate defense
as you offer nothing to say.

It's half peaceful.
As I lie hear and wait
for you give me nothing to say.

Perhaps I could believe
Perhaps delete perhaps
for I heard myself give in before I sleep

Is she there behind the eyes
I only face sometimes
I don't feel the burden as I sleep

I do find you beautiful as you sleep
I can face believing as I sleep...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frustrated in an Art Museum…

Defining Orriana-ism

2 days... 90 minutes of sleep.... and still wanting to think.