Religion and Science.

Tali sent me a few papers on the scientific basis of religious experiences... This was my reply, which will be similar to any other conversations I have with people who don't believe in spirituality who read my last post, so hence I'm posting my reply:

"Thanks I'll read through them =)

I have a feeling though that like any good scientific paper, they will attempt to explain spirituality it terms of only naturalistic variables... and well they should, for thats what science is. I don't like it when science tries to do anything but.

However, I don't believe science can really explain it... If it were hallucinations or the product of an overactive imagination, I wouldn't expect to at times predict the future, or meet people who know minute details about my life when I never met them... or who can relate to me the intimate details of a dream I have or the characters within it - (like the red haired asian chic in leather armor and a sword... seeing me and starting off a story with that character in it moves beyond the realm of chance or generalities). If I could have ruled out my experiences to halluncinations or imagination... I would have done so long ago.

It would have saved me a lot of breakups... and friendships... My problems with Mark started coming out when he met a friend of mine who claimed to be very "spiritual" and Mark had a dream that freaked him out a bit... but I don't really want to talk about that, and I know for a fact he does even less...

All people, including me, like to understand the world around them. It sucks to realize there are limitations..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frustrated in an Art Museum…

Defining Orriana-ism

2 days... 90 minutes of sleep.... and still wanting to think.